Apply for Laboratory Scientist of the Year
This award will be given to an individual whose contribution to science has been outstanding in the last 24 months and is representative of their sustained contribution to science. It is open to any individual working in a science based laboratory from research assistants through to principal investigators and senior scientists.
Entrants can be nominated by themselves, their colleagues, supervisors or members of the public, but please ensure you have their permission to do so.
Entry is by a 5 A4 page submission; the judges will be looking for clear information backed up by facts that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Please provide a one page CV with details of their previous employment history.
- What has been their input into the development of new products, technologies and research and for growth through commercialisation of research? In an academic lab what has their input into innovating and developing research ideas, academic output and funding attained? Please include details of previous significant publications, patents and prizes.
- Applicants must demonstrate collaborative working and how they contribute to the development of others within the lab. How have they assisted others to reach training objectives, promotions or academic achievements? How do they show commitment to their own company or institutional community by sharing knowledge and learning?
- Do they demonstrate leadership behaviour and act as a role model to others? Through achievements and active participation in industry or academic networks they must demonstrate how they act as ambassadors for Irish science on a global scale and enhance our reputation and image as a world leader in science.
- Include any other statements or facts that support the entry, and a testimonial from the nominee’s head of department or supervisor where possible.