Apply for Agricultural Laboratory of the Year
This award is open to any laboratory or research group working in the Agriculture industry, at third level institutes or at research institutions. This includes laboratories working in the public service.
Entry is by a 5 A4 page submission; the judges will be looking for clear information backed up by facts that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Please outline the size and nature of the organisation where the work is carried out. This includes the turnover or level of funding; level of job creation/ employment/ training or number of students hosted.
- Originality of the research/ work carried out in the lab: How does your work compare to everybody else’s? How competitive is your product, service or research?
- Innovation: The lab must have a track record of innovation. They must demonstrate the degree of innovation of products, services or in research and their commercial potential.
- Quality of publications and/or patents/ or software or growth of commercial success: The lab must submit details of previous relevant publications, patents or prizes. Or in a commercial lab, show significant activity that has contributed to growth (specific investment, launch of product/process or expansion).
- Professional Standing and accreditation: What are the qualifications of the lab leaders or accreditations achieved by the lab?
- What is the impact of the research, technology or process to the Agriculture industry, or market applications and implementation?
- What is the societal significance of the work? Is it something that will benefit people’s lives for the better? For example, will it improve the standard of living for large numbers of people, save lives, promote good health or clean up the environment?